6.06.2007

Thailand Mission Trip

Here goes my first post.

Tonight we had a meeting for Impact's upcoming mission trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand. On June 14th, 11 high school students and 3 staff members are traveling to work at a refugee camp and an orphanage in northern Thailand. We're going to spend 4 days at a Hmong Refugee camp near the Laos border. There's 10,000+ people living in extreme poverty. We're taking in clothes, food and water to distribute to the people there. We're also going to be sharing Christ with the refugees. I'm guessing 99% of them have never heard the name of Christ. God has opened this door for us and we are stinkin' excited to be His hands in this camp. After 4 days with the refugees, we'll spend 3 days in Chiang Mai at an orphanage, doing service projects for them. In the afternoons we'll be going into Thai public schools where we'll present the Gospel through songs and skits. This trip is going to be an amazing, life changing experience. We're praying that God will really work in our hearts during our time in Thailand and reveal things to us in awesome ways. Please be praying for our team!! Pray for...safety, boldness, team unity, and that we'd shine like stars for Christ in a really dark place. Thanks friends!!

Our lovely team!



3 comments:

Jonathan & Amy Hurt said...

Great verse, Beth! I'm glad you included us on your list. Keep us informed!
Amy

Unknown said...

Beth! It's so great to read about what you are doing! I miss you like CRAZY! Keep updating us!

Much love,

Tarah

cheryl said...

I'm proud of you Beth, thank you for including me in your group.
I'm looking forward to seeing you.
love, Cheryl