Ok, so I have some catching up to do. I realize I haven't posted in awhile. I spent the first week of August in Grand Forks, ND and the second week and half in northern WI with my family. But more on that in another (future) post...
I'm finally out in Portland, Oregon. My classes started last week. I think I'm finally over syllabus shock...seminary is most definatley going to be a challenge, but it's a challenge I'm totally stoked for. I have 5 classes, Old Testament (Gen-Songs), New Testament (Acts-Philemon), Priciples of Inductive Bible Study, Spiritual Formation and Theology. My profs are awesome. I've been so impressed by how personal and professional they are. They are all totally souled out for Christ and are passionate about teaching the Bible. I'm excited to dive into the Word this year and am axious to see what God teaches me as I grow closer to Him.
I have 3 awesome roommates, Ashley, Kelsi and Sierra. We've got a sweet apartment right on campus. The community here is stinkin' awesome. During orientation week we did a lot of community building activities, like hiking to Multnomah Falls (an amazingly beautiful waterfall) and going to a prof's house for chill time. It's been pretty cool meeting so many people who are on fire for the Lord and share similiar passions. There's a lot of midwest people here, actually 2 students are from WI, so I'm excited to have fellow cheeseheads to watch the Packers with. Actually, I'm just so stinkin' excited to be able to watch football this year! For the last 3 years games have come on at 3am!
I'm getting plugged into a youth group at Central Bible Church, right near campus. I'm going to be working with the High School ministry. In a few weekends we have a camping retreat. I'm pretty stoked for it, and am praying that it will be a good time of fellowship and relationship building with students.
Coming out to Portland has been a lot of firsts for me...my first time being further west than CO, my first time being away from family, my first time living in a city big enough to have a tram, and my first time living off of a military base. I still forget I don't have to show my ID card to buy groceries. :-) But so far, so good. I think it's been good to be out of my comfort zone. It's causing me to rely more on God for rest and direction.
Well, that's my update. I'll try to do better at keeping this blog updated with what's going on out here. I'll even try to throw in some of these profound things that I'm learning here :-)
Blessings on you friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment