5.22.2011

Adelboden, Switzerland

I spent last week in Adelboden, Switzerland for our annual CSM staff conference. We stayed in an amazing chalet that was surrounded by even more amazing views.
I took a few walks up and down the street our chalet was on. This fence line is my favorite picture from the week. The bottom picture here is the back view from the fence/mountain picture.
We had amazing weather the entire week. Blue skies and sunshine. Simply awesome. It did rain for a short time one evening, but stopped after a half hour or so. One of the kiddos came running into the room I was sitting in and said, get your camera there's a rainbow!

Check out this crappy view of the alps!? Haha, that machine is throwing manure to fertilize his fields. Thankfully the farmer turned down the thrower as I walked by : ) It would've stunk to get hit with that! Literally.
I went on 2 hikes to 2 different waterfalls. The first was to this really large fall. I walked about halfway up, well - just up to the bit of snow hanging out there.
The next day we hiked to a gorge. We came to a crevice like opening, and got to walk through large carved out rocks. The river flowing through was really amazing. These pictures don't do the hike justice, but it's a start.
Here's the crevice and bridge that leads to the waterfalls.

1 comment:

Petree Clare said...

I love the picture second the to last! Switzerland is AMAZING!It's my favorite place to go in Europe :] Great blog, by the way <3