A few weekends ago, I went to some second hand stores in France with AJ and Anna. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but I came across an awesome chair and got a great deal on it! Well, some question its level of "awesomeness" ... like my roommate.
I thought it would be funny to play a joke on Heather and insist on keeping it in our living room (because I knew she wouldn't like it - at all). When I brought it to our house she didn't react, I just left it in the living room and then left to run some errands. When I came home, I found out she had called a few of our friends and told them she thought I was serious about it. haha! I came home and began rearranging my room, to make a space for it in one of my corners. Heather asked what I was doing and I told her then asked, "you didn't think that I was serious about leaving this out did you?!" She gave a little smirk like it wouldn't have been a big deal to leave it out. : )
I thought this would be the perfect Packer fan chair to watch games in!
Anna also found a pretty cool vintage couch and chair set. It doesn't have tassels like mine, but it's pretty great too! She also found cool bed frames to refinish for her girls.
When we got to one of the stores, we realized it didn't open for another hour. So we roamed around and ate lunch. We came back about 15 minutes before it opened. The store had 3 entrances, and there were at least 15-20 people lined up at each door. Crazy! We knew we didn't need or want anything that bad, so we weren't going to rush in. When the time came for them to open the door, there were several older men at the front and they started pushing a little (in a friendly sort of way) and fighting to get through the door fast. They took off running for the back of the store. AJ decided he wanted to see what they were in a hurry to buy, so he followed them. It turned out they were all after old books. Random, not what we were expecting.
No comments:
Post a Comment