Heather and I are planning this year's CSM women's retreat. It's a long weekend for us ladies to get together, relax and encourage each other. We decided on Rothenburg. It's a walled in city about 2.5 hours away, and it's probably been the cutest, most picture-esque cities I've been to far. I found two potential rentals online, so we took a drive to check them out and meet with the owners about contracts/rentals. One of the places was great - it's a small hobby farm with a comfy meeting lodge. I think it'll be cool.
I'm super excited about going to Rothenburg because I can't wait to see the town all decorated for Christmas!! We'll be there 29 Dec - 2 Dec. Christmas markets are by far one of my favorite things about Germany and I've heard cool things about Rothenburg's annual market.
This yellow house is one of the most photographed places in Germany.
The buildings in the town are really colorful. I feel like it's a Dr. Seuss town. Lots of timber framed, row houses.There's not a square line/foundation in all of Rothenburg. Most of the doors throughout the town are crooked and the cobblestone roads are really uneven.
Rothenburg also has a criminal museum - we didn't go in this time, but they have stocks outside of the door for funny pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment