I rang in the New Year in Anchorage, Alaska with my family. I really enjoyed seeing my brother for the first time in 5 years, and finally meeting my sister in law and niece and nephew. Christmas was great, and it was the first time in 11 years that my immediate family was together on Christmas! We enjoyed getting to watch some Packer football together too!
I’m currently part way through my time in Wisconsin’s Northwoods. I got here in time for an arctic blast to roll through the region. Temps have begun leveling out, and we’re finally “up” to single digits. So needless to say, I’ve enjoyed watching winter from the inside, nestled up on the couch by the fireplace. It’s made for some good rest and reading. It's been super encouraging to my heart to visit my supporting churches and connect with family and friends.
When I get back to Germany, planning and preparations will be in full swing for a local middle school mission trip in February. We’re partnering with a number of local ministries to provide service opportunities for our students. It’s my hope that students will understand that we love, because He first loved us. I hope that they’ll gain a heart for others and develop eyes to see needs in their community.
We’re also beginning to plan for a Spring Break high school mission trip to Hungary. As you might remember, we usually do our Hungary mission trip in July, but we have some summer scheduling conflicts this year. Our Spring Break coincides with Easter and we’ve been given an opportunity to do an Easter program in a Hungarian orphanage. It’ll include a special meal for kids that don’t typically get to enjoy big celebrations and we’ll have several opportunities to share the Good News of the Resurrection.
On top of these mission trips, weekly youth groups and Bible studies and special monthly events will continue. Would you join me in praying for students to know and love Jesus. Pray that our programs aren’t simply busy work - but purposeful avenues for relationships to be built and lives to be transformed.
Thanks for your continued prayers and support. I’m excited to see what God has in store for 2015 and I’m thankful to be on this journey with you all.
I pray that your 2015 is a year of growth in the Lord and joy in His presence.
Because of Christ,
Beth

No comments:
Post a Comment