1.06.2008

Bios on the Hill

My mom and I finally found Bios on the Hill. Mom saw an ad for it a long time ago, and has always wanted to go. Well, this weekend we finally went. It was a pretty neat place. There are wild orchids blooming all over the site. We went on a little boat ride on a river, where we saw more orchids and a few ducks. The Okinawans seemed pretty excited over the ducks. I guess there's not a lot of "wild life" on the island.

After our boat ride, we relaxed. I really enjoyed my time in the hammock - I really need to get me one of those. After our rest, we road on a cart pulled by a water buffalo. Our guide walked alongside the cart and gave us info about the place - in Japanese. It was so neat though, another couple on the ride were visiting from Osaka, Japan and they spoke great English. They did a great job translating for us. It was fun to be able to understand a tour for a change!


No comments: