1.09.2008

Zoo Day

We went to the Okinawa Zoo yesterday and let's just say that...with the exception of there being animals there, Japanese zoos are nothing like American zoos. Recently people were injured and killed by a tiger at a CA zoo. The tiger was behind a 20' fence and there was a huge space between the viewing area and fence. I stood around a watched 2 huge hippos (and if you ever watch the animal planet, you know that hippos are mean), and the only thing that separated the hippo from his dinner (me), was a 4' fence and 3' space.
We did see some pretty cool animals. We saw crocs, or I mean, crocodylus and alligators. We saw Rafiki from the lion king. And we saw an anteater, now that thing was cool. I'd never seen one before.
And well, I'm just not sure why this sign is necessary. It was posted by the lions and tigers cage. And honeslty, if you need a sign to tell you not to stick your face in a lion or tiger's butt, PUT A HELMET ON!!!!
After seeing all the animals, we went to the "Wonder Museum." It was a pretty neat science-y place will cool exhibits and photo ops.
Despite the stereotype of everything being small in Japan, we found a HUGE chair to chill in for awhile. But when it came to finding a bathroom, um...not so big.

No comments: