2.20.2008

Escape 2008

I arrived in Germany one week ago with 10 other students/staff from Multnomah. It was awesome to have a direct flight from Portland to Frankfurt - only 10 hours!! We left Portland at 2:15 pm on Wednesday and arrived in Frankfurt at 9:30 am on Thursday...jet lag wasn't too bad though. Some of the Malachi team picked us up at the airport and took us straight to the camp site. The camp was pretty nice. This castle is on the camp grounds.

The retreat went really well. Our theme was "Walk the Plank to Save Your Life." The theme verse was Luke 9:24 - For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. Throughout the week we talked about Brokenness and how we're all broken and the only true healer is Christ. We had a fun Pirate/Ninja theme going on during the retreat - I was a ninja, it made for a lot of fun!!! The students were great. It was so much fun to be hanging with military kids again. I had small group of six 6/7th grade girls, they were mega cuties. We had great discussions and many of them rededicated their lives to the Lord on the retreat. It was cool to see how God captured their hearts on the retreat.
I'm going to be in Germany until Saturday. I've spent the last few days checking out the Malachi ministry team at Ramstein AB. It's been really great to see their youth groups and the work the Lord is doing here.

No comments: