6.25.2008

1 Down, 1 To Go...

^Hangin' with friends at Manzanita Beach.
^Here's a pic of my at the OR coast!!
Wow, I have some catching up to do!! So my first year of seminary has come and gone. On May 16th I received my Bible Graduate Certificate from Multnomah!! The ended with a "Grad" retreat to Rockaway Beach, OR. It was a great time of relaxation and fellowship with my fellow seminarians. We spent a lot of time reflecting on the year. It was cool to hear stories of God's faithfulness and how He worked in our lives throughout the year. I think one of the main things the Lord pressed on my heart this year is His love and provision for me. It took me awhile to find my grove in Portland. Being away from family, in a new big, civilian city was a huge adjustment for me. There were times that I really hated being there. But I think the Lord really used that time, and stripped me of some many familiarities in order for me to turn to Him and embrace Him, relying on His love and strength. I'm excited about returning to Multnomah this fall and continuing towards a MA: Pastoral Studies. My classes next year will shift from Bible to Ministry classes. Essentially, I'll be learning to apply everything I learned during my grad year to real life ministry experiences. My course load next year will include an internship. Right now I'm planning on doing my internship with the student ministries at Central Bible Church and am looking forward to what God has in store for me next year!! But as for now, I'm really excited about summer vacation!!!!

No comments: