Just wanted to share some exciting news with all of you. As as lot of you know, I've been in Denver applying to work with Malachi Ministries of Cadence International. After a really long week of interviews, learning about the mission and its core values, practice counseling labs and meeting with counselors to ensure I'm "stable" to be on the field, I've been accepted to serve as an Alpha Staff with Cadence!! That means I've been appointed to serve 2-4 years. Although I don't know exactly where I'll be placed, I know I'll either be in Japan (Okinawa or mainland) OR Germany. I still have a year of school left, so the earliest I'd hit the field is fall of 09 (but that is the absolute earliest by a long shot). This summer and school year I'll begin partnership development (or support raising). This process typically takes missionaries 1-2 years.
I'm super stoked to begin this awesome journey. I truly believe this is where the Lord wants me right now and am excited to follow Him in this direction.
I still have one week left in Denver. The week is a bit less intense than last week, as it's more of an orientation/training week. We're learning about the different departments of Cadence, computer programs for our finances on the field and how to begin support raising.
It's been a fun learning experience. There are 13 other applicants, all of whom were also appointed to serve (either with Malachi-youth or with the adult side running hospitality houses). It's been fun hearing their stories and how the Lord brought them here. It's so cool to see and hear how God is working around the states and hearing how He is calling so many people to minister to the military. Last night we had dinner with the Cadence founders. They've been at this ministry for over 50 years. It was encouraging to hear about God's faithfulness over the years and hear stories about the many people that the Lord reached through the missionaries. I'm really excited about joining in the Kingdom work around the world!!!!
I'm super stoked to begin this awesome journey. I truly believe this is where the Lord wants me right now and am excited to follow Him in this direction.
I still have one week left in Denver. The week is a bit less intense than last week, as it's more of an orientation/training week. We're learning about the different departments of Cadence, computer programs for our finances on the field and how to begin support raising.
It's been a fun learning experience. There are 13 other applicants, all of whom were also appointed to serve (either with Malachi-youth or with the adult side running hospitality houses). It's been fun hearing their stories and how the Lord brought them here. It's so cool to see and hear how God is working around the states and hearing how He is calling so many people to minister to the military. Last night we had dinner with the Cadence founders. They've been at this ministry for over 50 years. It was encouraging to hear about God's faithfulness over the years and hear stories about the many people that the Lord reached through the missionaries. I'm really excited about joining in the Kingdom work around the world!!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations on being official! That's AWESOME!!
Post a Comment