8.29.2008

One week down...

Well, it's official - I've survived my first week of classes! As I sit in a coffee shop and think through the past week and think about the coming semester - I must admit I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed about it all.

I'm pretty stoked for my classes this term - Biblical Foundations of Family Ministry, Counseling, Evangelism for the 21st Century, Dynamics of Ministry Mobilization and Christian Theology & World Religions. They're going to be great classes. My hestiations arise when I think about the 16 books that accompany all the classes, the reading responses, and papers required for each class, I start getting a little nervous.

One verse that stuck out to me this summer was 2 Chronicles 16:9 "For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." This verse brought me great encouragement. To think that my God desires to strengthen His children, that He's constantly seeking to do this - it really rocked my mind. So although I feel that I'm in way over my head and can't begin to fathom how all of my reading and writing is actually going to get done, I'm confident that the Lord will give me the strength I need to get through it all.

No comments: