1.22.2009

Christmas Break

It's been awhile! Here's a quick update...

Spending time with Chad, Laura and Tanner - our good "Oki" friends now living in Sioux Falls, SD was one of the Christmas break highlights! They came up to visit while I was home! We got in some volleyball too!
A ND winter welcome - temps averaged -10 to -25 the entire time I was there...how I spent 11 years there I have no idea. ND broke a December snowfall record set back in the 1920s. How happy I was to experience that momentous occasion...(insert sarcasm now!) But it made for great reading time (The Shack, Hurt, Consuming Jesus, Same Kind of Different as Me were some of my reads), baking, hot chocolate and movie watching! It was fun to kick back after a long semester and get rested up before beginning my last!
I had fun spending time with my folks, and Blackie. My bro recently PCS'd to Rapid City, SD. He was unable to join us, but hopefully the 4 us can spend Christmas together this year! Mom and I road the ferris wheel at the Fargo Scheels!
We also had a chance to take in a Fighting Sioux hockey game at the Ralph.

No comments: