8.20.2009

Catching Up, pt. 3

So, I've covered the big news of May and June, now onto July! I moved to WI with my parents. The end of May, my parents closed on a house in Wisconsin's Northwoods. We're living in the Lake Tomahawk area, halfway between the towns of Rhinelander and Minocqua. Here's a glimpse of the Northwoods - As far as animals go... we've seen lots of deer, a doe and her 2 fawns spend a lot of time in our yard, there's Wally the woodchuck, Blackie found a bat in the fire place, there's lots of chipmunks, and then there's the bear...I've seen her twice while out bike riding - the second time she had 3 cubs with her. When I came across the momma bear and cubs I remembered that the best way to survive a bear attack is to be faster than the person you're with...so that's exactly what I did. I left Dad behind to scare the bears away.
We've also got some great flowers around the yard...

No comments: