I spent time this evening wandering around downtown K-town - that's the major city Ramstein is located in/near. They've got cool walk-plots - cobblestoned streets lined with shops, restaurants, cafes, etc. and cars aren't permitted to drive down the streets. It makes for fun browsing and good times of enjoying Christmas decorations, hearing various song performances (some pretty interesting) and getting some fresh air and walking in. It's also a good way to get out and enjoy the community and experience German culture.
^I'm not totally sure what Frohes means, but it's used in front of Christmas and Birthday, so it's some sort of Merry/Happy/Celebration term.

^This is the church in downtown K-town. At 6pm bells went off like crazy for several minutes. You can see lit up booths all around the church.

^A close up of the stained glass windows in the church.

^This is also near the church. I haven't tried gluhwein (sounds like glue vine) yet. It's a special warm holiday wine that is either apple or cherry flavored.

^On of my favorite things so far about city walk plots are the buildings. This is the upper level of the oldest restaurant in K-town. I thought the window boxes were really cute, and you can't tell in this picture, but the window glass was really unique.
^This is an older section of town, a remanent of a castle.
And just for fun and randomness...

^This was an interesting nativity scene at the market, made out of old metal parts and some sheep skins thrown over various creatures.

^My friend and I saw this knife holder in a cool kitchen gadget store, I thought it was funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment