12.04.2010

Wiesbaden Christmas Market

I went to Wiesbaden to visit CSM friends this week, we've got a couple who does ministry with the Army community there. They recently moved into a new house, so I helped them do some organizing in their new kitchen. Random fact: Some German apartments/houses don't come with a kitchen. Because Germans don't move nearly as often as Americans do, landlords think their tenants would rather plan their own kitchen layout to meet their needs. This was the case with Dan and Becke's new house - they found a great deal on a kitchen in Berlin, so they drove there to pick up cupboards, counters, sinks, etc. and installed everything themselves.

After spending the afternoon unpacking, we spent time in downtown Wiesbaden at their Christmas Market.
Not totally sure what the sign read... but I think it's something to do with stars.
The market had really cute decorations, with lots of lights.
Market Christmas tree reflected in a nearby window.
^I think Wiesbaden has the closest Starbucks... and they've got a couple within a few blocks of each other. I think they should share the wealth with Kaiserslautern! Sadly, German Starbucks don't do pumpkin spice lattes or mochas... just peppermint. I'm coping just fine though ; )
City center church

1 comment:

DougHeike said...

Mannheim also has a Starbucks. I don't know if it's closer than Wiesbaden. It's in the mall right near the Mannheim bases.