For the first time since arriving in Germany, I went to Frankfurt. I've been to the airport numerous times, but it's on the out skirts of the city. We went with friends who used to live in Frankfurt, so they knew the ends and outs really well. Frankfurt is a real international city, so there was a fun mix of people at the market. There's a huge assortment of old and new Frankfurt. Some old timber framed buildings and tall modern looking skyscrapers. We had fun walking through the different market squares and enjoying the Christmas market.
^The main market square, in the "old town."
^The Frankfurt Dom was pretty, we went in the church as the sun was beginning to set and saw some cool beams of light coming through the stained glass windows.
^This was above one of the entrances, I thought the iron work was really pretty.
^As we were leaving the Dom, there was a cool building with interesting windows that had really cool reflections. Because of the curve in the building, there were two reflections of the Dom.
^I never did figure out what a Bethmannchen is, but the name is pretty cool : )
^Dampfnudle with raspberries, my favorite Christmas market dessert!
Our Christmas market crew for the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment