So, a lot of people come to seminary wanting Bible (actually, that's Multnomah's motto- if it's Bible you want, you want Multnomah) and I've come to the conclusion that I'm getting my money's worth. In fact, I'm getting SO much of it, I feel like I'm trying to drink from a fire hose. It kinda reminds me of this water fountain I played with in Okianwa. The water shot up so fast I, I could only hold my mouth over for a few seconds before it came shooting out of my nose.
Well, I've reached the calm before the storm. In the past 2.5-3 weeks, I've written two 20 page papers, read countless textbook pages, taken 3 exams and have spent upteen hours working on an Ephesians project. I breathed a sigh of relief as I handed in one of those big papers this past week. And I told myself, it's all downhill from now. Finals seemed so far away, until I opened my planner and realized that I only have 3.5 weeks of school until finals week. So much for that relief. I sat there paging through my planner thinking how in the world am I going to survive? My theology prof diagnosed my problem: vertigo. He talks about it all the time. I feel like everything is spinning around me- my world view is being turned upside down and I'm going through culture shock; yet, I'm standing on solid ground. I've been in Portland for 11 weeks now and all I can say is what a ride. It's been full of highs and lows, ups and downs, mega fun, growth and challenges. As I look back, I see God's hand in it all. I wish we little humans had a different perspective on life. Sometimes it's so hard to see God's hand in the midst of the fog, yet once I'm out of the storm and look back, His presence is so evident. It's been fun looking back and seeing God's hand in my life, it's reassured me of His plan for my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment