Well it's hard to believe my first semester of seminary is over! Seems like I just started. I finished my finals on Thursday the 13th and on Friday I boarded a plane for Okinawa in need of some mega rest and relaxation! I flew from Portland, through Seattle, to Narita and then to Oki - my flights were great and I had no delays. I even got to watch some good movies I hadn't seen before.
It's been fun being back in Okinawa. My mom and I spent the first few days up at Okuma. It was great, there was hardly anyone there, and we were able to relax quite a bit. While we were up north we took drives to Hedo Point, Pineapple Park and Ocean Expo Park.
^Pineapple Park
^Hedo Point
^Expo Park
^Okuma's North Shore
We had a nice Christmas. We went to a candlelight Christmas Eve service. On Christmas Day we went to the Butler O'Club with a few of my friends. The food was great! Later that evening, we walked off our lunch at the Botanical Gardens. Each year the gardens put on a laser light show. The weather was absolutely perfect. ^Botanical Garden Light Show
My break has been nice and relaxing so far. I've enjoyed doing a little reading (of my own choosing- no mandatory reading!!), playing volleyball and just hanging out. Although it's rained a few days since I've been here, the sun has been out and I'm trying to soak up as much as I can before heading back to Portland.
No comments:
Post a Comment