6.25.2008

Back "Home" in ND

After 4 years in Okinawa, my parents PCS'd back to the states this summer...on May 27th they arrived at Grand Forks AFB, ND...AGAIN!! Surprisingly, this is the exact assignment they wanted. Next summer my dad will retire after 30 years in the Air Force. They plan to retire to northern Wisconsin. Grand Forks is the closest base to where they'll retire to, which will make house hunting and preparing for retirement/moving easier.

I've decided to spend the summer in ND with my parents. Our stuff has been in storage for 4 years and I'm excited to get to help unpack and sort through boxes. It'll be weired returning to GF after being gone for 4 years. Seems like I've been gone forever!!

The timing of their move worked out perfect. They left Oki on May 15th and I finished school on May 16th. My folks flew from Okinawa to Seattle. So I decided to drive up to Seattle, pick up my mom and hit the road: destination - Wisconsin then eventually North Dakota. My dad flew on ahead with Blackie as my grandma was having surgery and he wanted to be there to spend the week with her.

No comments: