5.28.2012

Paris, France

I spent the last few days with great friends in Paris! My friend Anna was celebrating a birthday, and I had birthday money to spend... so we planned a trip with our friends Heather and Leah. Both Leah and Anna are leaving Germany next month, so Heather and I really enjoyed a last trip with them. 
Anna has been to Paris several times, and has usually taken other people there - who want to see all the main touristy sites. So she's used to flying all over town and checking things off the list. She really wanted to go this time, move at a slower pace and just enjoy being in Paris. So, we didn't rush. We bought cheese and fresh bread from bakeries and sat on the lawn by the Eiffel Tower and picnicked. We enjoy people watching on a little island in the city along the Seine River. We also did a lot of picture taking. It was a busy weekend in Paris - lots and lots of people. I'm happy that we didn't go there with the expectation to go into a lot of places, as the lines were super long and it would've been really crowded once we made it in. We did make it to 2 street markets, and that was fun too!
Parisian cafes (the one below is inside the nicest Starbucks I've ever been in!)
And all the main sights ... 
Front and back of Notre Dame
The Sac le Coeur
 The Arc de Triumph 
 The Louvre 
The Orsay Museum (in the old Paris train station)


And of course the Eiffel Tower
 

No comments: